KVM VPS Hosting
All VPS platforms are based on virtualization. There are different software based tools to split a server until it becomes an VPS. We Use KVM which stands for Kernal-based Virtual Machine. You can access your VPS in under 60 seconds after you ordered. KVM was originally developed in 2008 by Red Hat and is used very common on virtualization platforms.
Deploy your VPS
within 55 seconds!
Get Instant Activation. High-performance servers.
Create your VPS based on most popular packages
Try our VPS with 1-7 days trial. Experience our high quality VPS with memory and cpu optimized plans now!
- Multiple plans available
- 15+ locations
- Free trial available
SSD And KVM powered VPS
All our servers are powered by KVM software to make give you the fastest SSD VPS available on the internet. Check our benchmarks and i/o speed tests. Try the server yourself and find out yourself why thousands of customers choose VPSServer.com.
15+ VPS Hosting Locations across the Globe
Choose the closest web hosting server location based on latency
KVM VPS, OpenVZ, and Xen, are virtualization types of virtual private server. KVM is Linux-based virtualization software, and a software technology used for creating a hypervisor. In a virtual private server, the hypervisor separates the different servers hosted on a physical machine. Service providers further places the physical machine in a well-protected data center. Hence, your service provider’s datacenter plays a role in your server’s safety.
In recent years, the virtual private server has taken over the traditional hosting technology. Today, a lasting solution is available to solve high traffic issues and content jamming. Users can now upload their websites with little or no delay. Many reputable companies will provide nothing less than 99.9% uptime. The improved technology also contributes to multi VPS hosting. These days servers can host websites, game servers, forex, and media at the same time. However, the bulkiness of the server also influences the number of resources available. Hence, resources vary in the virtual private server world. Interestingly, each resource performance doesn’t affect one another. Unlike shared hosting, you are less bothered about threatening situations or exposure to neighboring servers.
As you read this article further, it provides detailed information on KVM VPS server technology, its benefits, and selecting the best KVM VPS.
Why You Need a Virtual Private Server?
Have you been experiencing slow loading speed on your shared hosting, it’s high time you upgraded to a better hosting platform. Foremost, each user on VPS hosting is entitled to dedicated server resources. That is, whenever a server runs out of resources, you still have yours intact. You do not need to fear your resources slipping away. With the use of a hypervisor, each server runs on its operating system without interjection. This hypervisor separates the hardware into smaller forms, allocating each server with the storage space it needs.
All VPS platforms depends on virtualization. The virtualization technique involves the use of a software tool to split a server. The tool we use is the Kernel-based virtual machine. KVM has its origination from RedHat, in the year 2008. Privacy and customization are the utmost criteria in finding the best VPS service. It had led to the development of various server virtualization, including KVM. Although having discussed VPS initially, before delving into what a KVM is, let’s briefly talk about VPS about other hosting platforms.
VPS is an intermediary between dedicated and shared hosting. Although VPS isn’t as cheap as shared hosting, it provides the same features available in dedicated server, at a lesser price. Contrary to VPS, users own a physical machine in dedicated hosting. However, a VPS server is suitable for almost every business, providing adequate resources. Moreover, the hypervisor gives you the isolation your business needs.
What Is KVM VPS Server Technology?
There are several VPS virtualization available, which function varies based on the specification of your website. Hence, understand your website needs, before choosing your preferred specialization. Also, each virtualization has its striking features, with definite advantages and disadvantages. In many cases, KVM VPS is suitable for almost every website needs. In case you aren’t sure, what is KVM VPS server technology?
KVM VPS is the shortened form of a Kernel-based virtual machine. This virtual machine depends on the Linux-based kernel. However, KVM connects this kernel to the root node, making it possible to run your server on a different operating system. KVM acts as hypervisor in VPS, making it possible to host several servers. The Linux kernel, where the KVM is built, then enables it to be a second-level hypervisor. Also, KVM allocates resources to each user, based on the number a server needs to run effortlessly. Hence, you can expect a fair distribution of the shared resources. In a nutshell, a kernel virtual machine allows you to use your Linux hypervisor. It also permits users to migrate between Windows and Linux-based VPS on the same hardware, which is often an added advantage for hosting providers.
Additional Benefits With KVM VPS
Having explained the basic concept of VPS and KVM, what then are the additional benefits with KVM VPS?
- Full control: The ability to have control over a user account is often on many users’ demand. However, some service providing companies restrict root, to prevent technical damage caused by human activity or error. Thus, confirm if your provider will give you root access upon purchase. Also, having full control over your server allows you to determine your website environment. You can control the type of applications to install and make changes to your control panel. Likewise, KVM ease customization, while installing multiple server types.
The main difference between dedicated and VPS server hosting is almost a solution with KVM VPS. What does this mean? With KVM VPS, you can also own a virtual machine. Hence, large organizations moving from VPS because of this will have reasons to stay back. At the same time, you have your dedicated IP address.
- Dedicated IP: For companies running against many other competitors, you can successfully run a private mail server with KVM VPS. You can encrypt your data, to prevent your business or company’s information from leaking out. Meanwhile, running a private server is possible due to the available dedicated IP address. Also, it reduces the number of spam messages you receive regularly. KVM VPS makes sure you are the only one sending and receiving emails through your IP address. With this, your business proves its proficiency to its potential customers. Moreover, fast mail delivery is a strategy that users can adopt in attracting loyal customers.
- Isolation: KVM provides isolated resources, operating systems, and control panels for each server. Unlike shared hosting and some other virtualization technology such as OpenVZ, KVM VPS provides a separate VPS node.
- Cost: Although KVM VPS is costlier than a shared server, the added features available are worth the price. Meanwhile, if you continue hosting your website on a shared server, and it could hardly bear it, you might end up spending more. Sometimes, shared hosting turns out to be costlier than VPS.
It’s risky when users squeeze in insufficient resources to run a server. However, it’s no doubt cheap KVM will rapidly increase than ever. As time goes on, users will face the challenge of choosing the right VPS. Thus, people would highly esteem value over cost. We recommend users determine what they are looking out for in a VPS service. With this, you can be sure not to get carried away by the numerous offers available online.
KVM may not be as cheap as other hosting platforms available, whereas good things don’t come cheap. Meanwhile, when comparing the cost with what it provides, it is relatively less. Wherein, KVM VPS can support almost any type of operating system.
- Flexibility: KVM VPS is a highly flexible technology, such that it allows users to tweak and upgrade operating systems without downloading a new template. With this, you can upgrade as much as you want, and within a short period. More so, flexibility is highly possible on Windows-based VPS. Microsoft launch Windows VPS updates regularly. With KVM, you can follow up on this update with little or no stress. Since KVM can host various operating systems, it provides multiple choices for every potential. More so, configured systems on a particular type of software have no excuse for not running the virtualization technology on their VPS.
- Determine usage: Another advantage of KVM VPS is determining how to use your resources. KVM is unlike shared server where you cannot determine how users maximize the available resources. Likewise, it prevents you from under cost or overcast on server resources. It allows you to channel your money into other business resources.
- KVM is a new technology form of VPS. More so, technicals upgrade its performance regularly. More reason you should choose KVM VPS is due to the support it gets from RedHat. It is the best support system ever. With developers finding ways to improve KVM virtualization, your server keeps getting better. Thus meeting the market needs as it keeps evolving. KVM is more feasible than other virtualization options since it supports Windows and Linux.
KVM VPS is the best choice for every small and medium-sized business.
We offer a cheap and reliable KVM VPS to all our customers. Our services stand out among others, based on the top-notch quality we provide. Also, we have a customer support team they are available 24/7, to meet customers need. If you have questions about any grey area, you can reach out to us.
Although KVM VPS has many benefits it provides, there are a few sidelines to it:
- • Many service providers do not recommend KVM for users who are new to the VPS world. Compare to its competitors, KVM requires more techy-savvy input.
- • KVM VPS has a lot of technical issues related to it since it’s less user friendly.
- • Compare to KVM’s other competitors, it’s generally more on the higher cost side. However, it’s the most quality VPS among others. Also, its high cost is often due to the large amount of resources it requires. Hence, if you run a mini-website with few contents, you can run your KVM VPS at a lower cost.
How To Select Best KVM VPS?
Managed or unmanaged VPS: In selecting the best KVM VPS, your level of technical knowledge is of top priority. You can consider your ample time, and how well you can manage a KVM VPS before choosing a package plan.
Based on operation, VPS can either be managed or unmanaged. In managed VPS, your service provider is responsible for your server maintenance, regular updates, system control, software, and application installation. In this case, you are less bothered about technology- problems. More so, a proficient service provider will detect a potential threat and proffer a solution, without your knowledge. On the other hand, unmanaged VPS leaves users to be in charge of server activities. Hence, we recommend only expert users subscribe to the unmanaged VPS plan. Although the managed VPS is naturally costlier, users spend more in unmanaged VPS. It applies when they pay for the service of an external technician. Moreover, in the process of solving the human-induced error, it might attract extra cost.
24/7 customer support
Before choosing a service provider, confirm if they have a round clock support team. Sometimes, KVM VPS can be tricky, especially with server management. You would need your provider to attend to these needs. The availability of your service provider also counts for their work efficiency.
For users on shared hosting before, you need technical support than ever. In shared hosting, you were mostly managing the server yourself, but it’s the opposite in VPS, as managing your server can be tricky.
Before rounding up, make sure you carry out enough research before choosing the right VPS for you. During your research, make sure you do not cloud your mind with existing notions. Being openly minded allows you to see the goodness in every VPS. More so, you might not form your decision solely on the price factor. That is, do not go for a product because of cheap offers. Likewise, when choosing your service providing company. It’s crucial to find out if the service best suit your requirements.
After realizing VPS hosting is the right option for your business, you might be confused in choosing the right virtualization from Xen, KVM VPS, or OpenVZ hosting. The three virtualizations are the most popular types, with each having its advantages and disadvantages. However, this article has described many things you should know about KVM VPS. Hopefully, you can now pick your choice rightly.
We have standard packages, which are perfect for the average VPS. When you are looking for more CPU power or more Memory you can look at our CPU Optimized and Memory Optimized plans.
Coupled with our VPS services, we have standard data centers located across the world. We have 30+ datacenters. These datacenters are tightly secured with zero threat from the outside world.
We provide the fastest SSD on the internet, by powering all our servers with KVM software. Check our benchmarks and i/o speed tests. Try our free trial, and discover why thousands of customers choose VPSServer.com.